Does this sound familiar to you?
- “I have always wanted a Panama hat, but don’t know which shape looks good on me”
- “I would love to find that design my grand-uncle used to wear”
- “A vintage style hat box when travelling would be fabulous”
- “How do I know if it is a genuine Panama hat handwoven in Ecuador?”
If so, you have come to the right place.
Hi, I am Anne-Claude and am going to help you find the perfect Panama hat!
I am a Swiss expatriate who has lived and worked in Thailand for many years. I’ve always been drawn to Panama hats. Going back in time, I remember seeing these iconic handwoven hats for the first time as a small girl when watching Hollywood movies with my grandmother. Over the years, my fascination surrounding this legendary and mysterious sunshade kept growing.
After getting married to an Ecuadorian, I learned that these amazing hats originated in Ecuador, not Panama, and have been handwoven by Ecuadorians since the 1600s. The name Panama stuck partly due to Theodore Roosevelt famously sporting a “Panama” hat on his 1906 visit to Panama during the construction of its renowned canal where he made front-page headlines in newspapers around the world.
These days, from our Bangkok-based showroom, and of course online, I feel grateful and proud to share the incredible story of the Panama hat with people from around the world. It is rightly considered the prince of woven hats. The simple band of black cloth above the brim has become a classic symbol of elegance, and it is my very great honour to offer such classic elegance in a wide range of styles.
Imagine this for yourself:
- Your hat brings back forgotten childhood memories
- Your hat is easy to fall in love with
- Your hat fits perfectly, and you can hardly feel it on your head
- You love to style it up or down depending on your mood
- Your hat has become your loyal travel companion